Travel insurance is a must-have when making travel plans. It is not only required for visas of some countries but may also be a wise investment due to the comprehensive coverage umbrella it provides. With a variety of items covered by travel insurance, obtaining a travel insurance policy is a must for international travel plans.
Buying travel insurance online is a highly convenient and straightforward process. There is no longer any need to seek out a specialised insurance agent to purchase travel insurance policies.
The following is a list of some of the common items covered by travel insurance policies:
- Passing away by accident and permanent disability
- Compensation for an accident or medical treatment
- Emergency hospital funds
- Medical evacuation expenses
- Repatriation of remains
- Loss of passport and other travel documents
- Checked-in baggage loss
- Flight insurance in case of flight cancellation
- Hijacking of a flight
Considering the above-mentioned benefits, it is wise to be insured before the next trip. For those who want to buy travel insurance online whether through the website or an app, the procedure for it is explained below:
- Travel insurance comparison: The first step is to compare the various travel insurance providers. It would be best to get quotes from multiple travel insurance companies for their various policies. This aids in the selection of the ideal insurance policy. *
- Examining the inclusions and exclusions: Simply checking the travel insurance premium is insufficient to purchase a travel insurance policy. It is pertinent to review the policy and the various limits to which it insures you and your fellow travellers.
Travel insurance policies are typically classified according to their medical or accident treatment coverage. There are also different limits for other risks that it covers, such as emergency hospital cash, dental treatment, baggage loss, trip cancellation, and so on. After narrowing down a few companies based on price, it is important to review the policy and the coverage it provides. *
- Choosing a travel insurance policy: The travel insurance policy that provides the most coverage for the lowest premium should be chosen. Knowing which hospitals are covered and what other services the policy provides when you need to file a claim can help you choose the best insurance policy.
It is extremely important to examine the insurance company’s claims service – who is the service provider and what is their global presence, is the claim processing outsourced or managed in-house, can the claim be made digitally, etc. *
- Purchasing the policy from the company’s website or a partner: You can purchase the policy directly from the selected company’s website or through an app. A lot of popular companies these days have their own app which you may use as well. *
* Standard T&C Apply
It is very easy and convenient to buy travel insurance online. You can download a travel insurance app and buy insurance even when you are on the move or seated comfortably anywhere. The benefit of purchasing travel insurance online is that no lengthy list of documents may be required, no medical checks may be required, and the policy gets issued instantly. After payment is received, the insurance company sends the policy document within minutes.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.